Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Simple Blogging Tips

In these last few months as a blogger, I have noticed a few, very simple, things that some bloggers don't do. I can only guess that they either don't know about these things, or that they don't see the importance and how much easier things could be made for their readers.

I decided to share a couple quick tips in hopes of reaching those who might be new to blogging or maybe just aren't doing something I list. Hopefully it'll help at least one person!

1. Bloglovin' Buttons

If you don't know about Bloglovin', I really do think you're missing out. I have seen so many blogs that I would like to follow, but don't, and it all comes down to this site. Since it's my only way of following, I simply won't follow any blogs that don't have an easy to find Bloglovin' button.

Basically, Bloglovin' is a way of following blogs from several blogging sites, such as Wordpress and Blogger. It's a way to bring them together so you can easily see all the posts without using multiple sites to follow. I would recommend it for bloggers not only so people can follow you, but because it makes keeping up with others' posts so much easier.

It's pretty simple to follow once you sign up, but the link for the buttons are under your profile picture. The third link down says Bloglovin' button, and this is where you want to go and follow the instructions. Make sure you add this to your sidebar so people know where to find it!

2. Opening Links in New Tabs

This is is SO simple, but it's also very easy to overlook. I wouldn't be shocked if a bunch of the links on my blogs were missing this, as I don't test them all.

Basically, it's a check box. When you are creating the link, at the very bottom there are two check boxes. The first one says open this link in a new window, and will open a new tab when the link is clicked. This way readers can stay on your site and come back to it when they're done looking at your links.

What tips do you have for bloggers? Is there anything that bothers you, or that you wish more bloggers knew about?

No comments:

Post a Comment