Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Getting Rid of Time-Wasters

I run two blogs. I try to update this one two or three times a week, and I reply to all comments. My other blog, Kittens and Books, is updated five days a week. Blogging also involves reading and liking and commenting on other blogs, which I'm absolutely terrible at doing. Running my book blog takes more time than this one because it takes time to read books, and also because I post there more often and am more strict about my schedule.

I am also a writer. I am a writer who aspires to be published, so I try to write daily. Especially because I'm just getting back into it, I cannot skip a day of writing. It throws me off, big time. Along with writing, at least online, comes reading and commenting on others work. This includes finding the work I want to read as well.

I also have pets and family and, in my free time, I like beading and drawing.

If you've read all that (did anyone find all that worth reading?) and wonder why I'm sharing, it's because I also like to waste time. I don't have enough time in the day for everything I actually want to do, but I still play games on my phone. I am a silent reader on twitter. I have a Tumblr account that I am on far too often.
And, in case the above paragraphs didn't speak for themselves, I don't have time to waste time!

Having acknowledged all this, my goal is to quit procrastinating. This next week, I'm going to be a productive person - if only to see how it feels and return to my old ways. If only because I'm so behind in everything that needs to be done.

I'll let you guys know how this goes for me. In the meantime, let me know what your favorite way to waste time is! How many things do you need to get done a day, and how often does all of it actually happen?

1 comment: