Monday, September 29, 2014

My First Piece of Writing on the Blog (And a Bit of Panic)

I have tried posting my writing here since the very first post, but it's been a little intimidating. It's pretty silly for me to be afraid of posting my work on the internet - I've done so often in the past. I began sharing years ago and it's almost normal for me that strangers (not people I know - that still freaks me out!) read my work. From my many accounts on Wattpad to blogging itself; I feel like this should come easily to me by now.

But I have had such a hard time choosing something to post. Maybe it's because so much of my work isn't current enough - I really do need to get back into poetry, as well as writing daily. Or maybe it's just been too long since I last posted anything except blog posts.

Either way, today I have two poems to share with you guys. I would love any kind of feedback; good or bad. Let me know what you think in the comments, and link me to your own work if you'd like!

01.

Leaves falling, falling
to their doom

While naked trees
wait and wait.

Spring will bring
fresh blooms.

02.

Passenger seat,
seventy miles to the hour.
Hand out the window
easily covers car behind -
and I think:
that's how easy it can be:
Forgetting your past.

No comments:

Post a Comment